Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm working on one of those substantive posts I promised earlier.

It's sort of a response to this and this.

In the last two weeks I've had one visitor! I bet you came here accidentally, if it wasn't me checking this from another computer. But be sure, hypothetical person, that you will soon have something interesting and engaging to read!

Actually, eff it, here's the first paragraph, though it has not yet been edited yet, and will likely change before it's posted officially.

When I was in High School my mom told me that when I was walking down remote streets, if I saw a woman, I should go to the opposite side of the street from her. I'm 6'4” tall, and about 250 pounds, so I guess to someone who didn't know me, especially if that person was a lone woman on a lonely street, I might have an intimidating silhouette. However, in High School I was a huge nerd, and was pretty much terrified of women. Much like a spider, I was way more afraid of them then they ever were of me. So when my mom told me to cross the street I thought it was absurd. I wasn't a rapist, I had no intentions of becoming a rapist, these hypothetical women had nothing to be afraid of. On several occasions after that lonely women on lonely streets crossed to the other side of the street from me. At first I felt this was fair. I didn't have the problem, why should I be the one inconvenienced? Then I began to realize they were crossing the street out of real fear. Even though I posed no actual threat to them, they was still a very real possibility to them that I was. Since that time I have always crossed the street in lieu of possibly scaring women.


If, hypothetical person, you exist and have a thought about that paragraph let me know! However, I am not going to be holding my breath. Especially since I'm pretty sure right now this blog is unsearchable.


1 comment:

Taylor.SB said...

"Even though I posed no actual threat to them, they was still a very real possibility to them that I was."

Ha! I was "posed no actual threat". That does not make sense. In the future that will read:

"Even though I posed no actual threat to them, they was still a very real possibility to them that I did."